This post is sponsored by Stonyfield® Organic Kids® but the content and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting Oh Lovely Day and its sponsors.
I think Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to remind us to do something extra special for our little ones and partners. But I think it is even better when we let it inspire us to show extra love to our families in little ways, every day. I’ve been trying to think of creative ways to show a little extra love to my littlest Valentines and I thought I would share some of my favorites. Here are 25 little ways to celebrate love with your family every day, not just Valentine’s Day.
ways to celebrate love with your family
- Leave little hearts in places they will find them: one stuck to a mirror, one taped to their cereal box, or one under their pillow.
- Put notes in their lunches (for your kids and spouse).
- Forgive them when they make a mistake.
- Make heart-shaped pancakes for family breakfast.
- Hold hands.
- Plan a special one-on-one date with each child individually, and a date night with your partner.
- Comfort them, even when what they’re upset about seems silly to you or is making your day harder.
- Make their favorite snack or dessert heart-shaped.
- Have family cuddle time.
- Give them a card for no reason.
- Draw hearts and notes in steamy shower doors or mirrors for your family to find.
- Put a surprise under their pillow.
- Offer hugs and kisses for no reason.
- Put away all of your devices and give them your undivided attention when it is their time. Quality over quantity.
- Give them extra praise for something they did well or did for you.
- Be silly together and show them how happy they make you.
- Cook or take them out for their favorite meal.
- Ask them, “Do you know how much I love you?”
- Let the little things go—try not to nag or be negative for an entire day.
- Dance together.
- Do their favorite thing with them, no matter what it is (like playing cars for hours or pretending to be a dinosaur).
- Let things get a little messy.
- Be silly together.
- Movie night in your bed.
- Give them a special treat or dessert.
While I don’t mind giving my kids a little sweet treat on very special occasions, during our day-to-day I try to keep things wholesome and good for them. So, I look for things that they think are a yummy treat but that I know are free of all of those ingredients that aren’t so great. One of my favorite sweet “treats” to give my kids is Stonyfield® Organic Kids® Choco-Mooo Yogurts. I love them because they are all Non-GMO Project Verified, have no high fructose corn syrup and now contain 25-40% less sugar than the leading kid’s yogurt. And because they are organic, I know that they are also free from toxic persistent pesticides and artificial ingredients. My kids love them because they are delicious, easily portable, and are a “sweet chocolate treat!” Win win 🙂
What are your favorite ways to show your family love? Do you do anything creative or extra special?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Stonyfield® Organic Kids®.