Hi Oh Lovely Day readers! I’m Aileen from the interiors & lifestyle blog At Home in Love, and I’m super thrilled to be guest posting today while Chandra spends some time her new babe. I don’t have any kids of my own (yet!) so I don’t talk about kids’ rooms very much–but I really love them. So I thought I’d take the opportunity today to touch on one of my favorite trends in kids’ rooms: felt balls! This is a trend could actually be implemented in any room of the house…but it’s so cute, it lends itself perfectly to kid spaces. Here are a few of my favorite ways to use felt balls in decor:
1. Rugs. These are probably the most common use I’ve seen with felt balls, and they’re perfect for kids’ rooms–soft, squishy, and absolutely adorable! I love the idea of a cloud shaped felt ball rug, and the purple rug (#2) is my own.
2. Garlands. This is another common way I’ve seen felt balls used, and one that is totally DIYable (unlike the rugs…I would not have the patience to make one of those myself!)
3. Coasters. This idea is absolutely DIYable as well. These round “mini rugs” can be used as coasters, trivets, or stands for your little one’s toys and trinkets.
4. Mobiles. I absolutely love this idea! Mix driftwood and felt balls for a cute and budget-friendly DIY mobile. The “pebbles” in #3 are actually made of felted wool, so they’re totally soft and crib-safe.
5. Felted “Billy Balls.” Billy balls (or craspedia) are one of my favorite flowers (in fact, I had them in my wedding!). But if you can’t find any at your local florist, or if you just like the idea of making your own, you can totally DIY some felted billy balls that look almost exactly like the real thing. The bouquet in #2 is made entirely of felt…crazy, right? It’s so beautiful!
6. Curtains. Last but not least, strings of felt balls make cute and whimsical curtains. These aren’t ideal for privacy, obviously, but they do add a lot of charm!