This post is sponsored by Discount Drug Mart, but the opinions and experiences are mine alone. Thanks for supporting the brands who help me bring you content here on Oh Lovely Day.
Every year before the holiday party season hits full swing, I like to stock up on a variety of wine. I use it for gifting: take a bottle with you when you go to your hair stylist for your last haircut of the season or bring a bottle to someone else that takes good care of you throughout the year. I always take a bottle with me to any holiday gathering or party. And if I’m hosting, I obviously need quite a few to stock my bar cart. I also like to make mulled wine during the holidays. There are so many times I need a bottle during the month of December and into the new year. Whether you are hosting a holiday party or attending one, it helps to have a stock of wine on hand to save you from scrambling and running to the nearest wine shop at the last minute. So I thought I would share a few tips on stocking your own wine rack with bottles you can use for any occasion and how you can get it all without spending a ton of time shopping or a ton of money.
You might be surprised to learn where I stock up on all of this wine: Discount Drug Mart! They actually have a large selection and a great variety at low prices. I bought all six of these bottles of wine for around $60, and I think I spent ten minutes at the store selecting them. Discount Drug Mart is seriously the solution to save the runaround at this time of year: one stop, ten minutes, and you’re stocked for the season!
Another tip: choose wine brands or types that you actually enjoy as well (if you are a wine drinker). That way, you can also enjoy some at a party or if you have wine leftover. Plus, if you like it chances are others will too. Here are a few brands and types I selected:
- Noble Vines: This one is known as the numbers wine and 337 is the most popular and the one I usually reach for. But this time I went for Black the ONE because it is a blend of wines from their most exceptional lots. It is a red from California and I’m really looking forward to trying this one for the first time.
- Ménage à Trois Wines: This brand is known for creating the popular California Red Wine blend (a play off their name). I have been a fan of that blend for a while but this time I also grabbed their California White Blend and this is the one I took to my stylist when I went to get my hair done this week. She opened it on the spot. Obviously I had to try it (for research guys!) and it was delicious. I’ll be going back for more of this one.
- Castle Rock: this is a consistently highly-rated wine from Washington state. I selected a California Cuvée Pinot Noir — my favorite red. I’m trying to save this one for a holiday party but am tempted every day to have a glass with dinner.
- Robert Mondavi Wines: Wine is aged in repurposed bourbon barrels to give each wine a unique flavor. I went with the Chardonnay (because you really can’t go wrong with Chardonnay). This one is great to serve after dinner with a sweet treat or dessert.
- Cocobon: This is a great red at a great value, making it a great choice to take as a hostess gift when you’re attending a holiday party, especially if you’re on a budget. It pairs well with a sharp cheddar and crackers!
- 19 Crimes: I love taking this one to smaller dinner parties. Not only is it a delicious choice, but the Living label app lets you hear historical stories from the 19 Infamous that appear on the labels (hence the name). It is a fun conversation starter! This time I choose the Pinot Noir (I think we’ve already established this is a favorite of mine and that you should choose wine you also enjoy).
One last pro tip: grab some eucalyptus or pretty greenery and some holiday-themed coasters and your bar will be festive for the holiday season! It doesn’t have to take a ton of effort or money to be prepared to host or attend a holiday party. It should be effortless, so you can actually enjoy this time of year. Head to your local Discount Drug Mart and look for the wines I shared above and you’re all set. Done and done!
Not sure where to find the closest Discount Drug Mart near you? CLICK HERE
This post is sponsored by Discount Drug Mart.