This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc., Kleenex, Lipton, and Theraflu. All opinions are mine alone. #FluSeasonHacks #CollectiveBias
Fall is by far my favorite time of year. Cooler temperatures, colorful leaves, pumpkin-flavored everything, trick or treating, pumpkin patches, and corn mazes: there is so much to love. But fall also brings the dreaded germ season, and when you have little kids that is the most dreaded season of all. Last year was our first fall/winter living in a new state with true seasons, which will mean exposure to new germs (and lots of them), colder temperatures, and more frequent sickness. I learned a few things last winter, so I’m preparing for germ season ahead of time this year and I thought I would share a bit about how I stock my kitchen in case it helps you prepare for the same. Because when it comes to germs and preventing their spread, we’re all in this together right? So here are some go-to stock-ups:
First, I prepare for germ season by trying to protect us from sickness and building up our immune systems. People have different favorite ways to do this, but I’m a believer in a combination of both traditional and holistic methods. I get a flu shot. I diffuse essential oils. We take probiotics. We try to get enough rest. We wash our hands. All of these things help our immune systems to be strong and ready to fight off any germs that come our way (hopefully). I explain to my kids how important it is to cover coughs and wash hands and to not share food or drinks, and how eating healthy foods and getting enough rest helps us to stay well overall and fight off germs.
Nothing is worse than coming down with a virus and not having the supplies you need to feel better on hand. Especially when it is you, the mom and caretaker, that is sick. Because you definitely don’t feel like heading out to the store for supplies once you’ve already gotten sick, especially if you have to take your kids with you, and you probably can’t rely on someone else getting the supplies you want for you. In an effort to avoid that miserable situation, I stock up at the start of fall so that my sick day arsenal is ready. Here are some of my favorites to have on hand:
- Kleenex® Lotion Tissues: anyone with kids knows you go through Kleenex® in a flash during the fall and winter. I choose Kleenex® because they are dependable and soft, and the lotion variety works great with little noses that get rubbed raw. The Soothing Lotion infused with pure aloe and vitamin E soothes tender skin. I feel better as a mom knowing I can help and comfort my sick kiddos, husband, and myself whenever illness strike, and Kleenex® definitely contributes to that.
- Theraflu Power Pods: Did you know that Theraflu makes fast-relieving pods that fit into most single serve coffee makers? There is both a daytime and nighttime version, but I usually stock up on the nighttime version at the very least. Because when you are sick you need all the help you can get when it comes to relief while you sleep. They temporarily reduce fever and symptoms associated with colds, like aches and pains, congestion, headache, and sore throat. You just push a button, sip, and feel the relief. It is powerful relief without a prescription.
You can save $2.00 on any ONE (1) Theraflu Power Pods through 12/8, via this digital offer.
- The Lipton Wellness Tea: a variety of teas made with carefully selected botanicals and blended with essential oils, which help make wellbeing a part of your everyday routine. I always have the Daily Support on hand, but also recently stocked the kitchen with Soothe Your Tummy. It is an herbal infusion for those times your tummy feels less than its best.* Carefully selected botanicals like ginger and peppermint are blended with natural essential oils that make every cup delicious
FYI: I don’t use both the pods and the tea at the same time. For example, I only use the Tummy Tea when my stomach hurts. And I only use the Theraflu Pods when I have flu-like symptoms — I never use both on the same day.
Last year’s flu season was rough, so this year get a jump on the season and stock up on the essentials for you and your family. Maybe when you stop in for your flu shot, you take the time to get everything you need…just in case. A one-stop shop to Kroger can allow you to feel a little relief this upcoming season, knowing that you are ready for all the coughs, fevers, and sore throats. I know it will help ease my mind.
You can also find these savings on Kleenex for a limited time:
- Kleenex is offering FREE Home Delivery (where home delivery is available) Offer valid 9/4 – 11/11/18
- Check your in-store circular for the 11/4 coupon for .50¢ Off Kleenex Facial Tissue or Wipes.
- Also look for the $1.50 coupon on 4-pack Kleenex Facial Tissues, for Kleenex Germ Removal Wet Wipes.
- And, 11/4-11/24 you can get .50¢ off Kleenex 4-pack bundles and Kleenex Wet Wipes via this digital offer.
You can find all of these products at your local Kroger store.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent disease.
Kleenex – ©KCWW, Lipton – © 2018 Unilever Theraflu – ©2018 the GSK group of companies or its licensor. Read and follow label directions. Theraflu is for use in adults 12 years and older. Use products only as directed.