It’s been a while since I did a Five Faves post. As my (current) youngest gets more mobile and has dropped a nap, and my oldest has started school and we all have an earlier schedule to maintain, the time I have to devote to looking good (i.e. not terrible) each day is super limited. So I’ve pared down my everyday beauty routine to 5 things that I think every busy momma or lazy girl would appreciate:
- Hot Tools Curling Iron: When I don’t have time to wash and blow dry, I use this to give myself messy waves to hide the beachhead and get on with my day. I prefer this one and alternate the direction of the wave so my hair isn’t all going the same direction, but I keep it pretty messy and it takes like 5 minutes.
- Dry Shampoo: Another hair staple for me is dry shampoo. I like the spray kind and for me, a little goes a long way. I even use it when I’ve washed my hair because it gives more texture and volume to my super fine hair. In all honesty, I’ve tried a lot of the options out there, and this super low priced Suave one is my favorite 🙂
- Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint: Tinted moisturizer is my number one “make up” staple, and Jouer’s LMT is my absolute favorite out there. I use the ‘golden’ shade and it provides just enough coverage to not feel totally bare faced but also doesn’t look like you are wearing a mask of foundation. It is the one thing that I use daily, no matter what.
- Jouer Lip Gloss: If I have to leave the house, I throw on my aviator sunglasses and swipe some Jouer Lip Gloss across my lips, and I swear I trick myself into thinking I look chic instead of a hot mess. The shade pictured is Peony, but I also love Bare Rose & Hamptons. And if you want something without color, try their lip enhancer conditioning treatment. It offers the perfect amount of moisture and shine without color.
- Eyelash Curler: If I don’t have time to do full makeup, I just curl my eyelashes. It opens them up and makes it look like you’re wearing eye makeup even when you aren’t.
What are your favorite beauty tricks or tools for when you don’t have time to spend on yourself?
*this post contains affiliate links. if you click on the link and buy the product, I may make a (very) small commission, which helps me continue to bring you lovely content here on Oh Lovely Day. Thanks for the support! You can also bypass these links if you prefer.