One of my favorite traditions is adding a new ornament to my kids’ collection every year. But I’m picky. I’m not into junky ornaments – I prefer them to be unique, good-quality, handmade, and collectible. Finding an heirloom-worthy baby’s first ornament or fun but still classic ornament for kids can be tough. So I’m sharing my favorite ornaments for your littles, with a good selection of ornaments for baby’s first Christmas too. Scroll down for all of them with links to buy them for your kiddos.
1. Simple and sweet, this Baby’s First Christmas ornament from Crate & Kids has a space to include a photo of your baby.
2. One of my favorite makers, Baby Jives, has done it again. She now offers the option of adding an initial and a date to her cute little cloud ornaments, making them a perfect keepsake for your baby’s first Christmas or to document a yearly collection for your kids.
3. Paloma’s Nest ornaments have been a staple on our tree since we were married, and I’ll be adding this rocking horse ornament to start Calvin’s collection as his first ornament this year.
4. Want to include all of your baby’s birth stats on his or her first ornament? Then these personalized baby block ornaments are for you.
5. This classic copper tree can be personalized for baby’s first or a child’s yearly ornament. It also comes in aluminum.
6. These handprint ornaments are fun to do with your baby for their first Christmas, or make a set each year with your kids and see how much they grow! I’m doing one with both Calvin and Charlie this year.
7. So perfect I had to include her twice – Baby Jives snowy cloud ornaments are adorable for adding a little winter to your tree – or for the Frozen loving littles in your house!
8. I add one of these Paloma’s Nest animal ornaments to my boys’ collections every year. It’s like a little handmade zoo on our tree, and I love that someday I will be able to give them all to him to put on his tree with his own kids. They make such good heirloom-quality collectibles.
9. What kiddo doesn’t love woodland animals? There are lots of adorable animal ornaments to choose from that are too cute and perfect to add to any ornament collection.
You can also find a DIY Salt Dough Ornament recipe here to make your own little ornaments!