I love love love washi tape, so I’ve been trying to find fun and easy ways to use it. Today’s DIY is a quick, simple, cheap, and super fun addition to your wedding or party. Washi flags can be used for drink stirs, cupcake toppers, escort cards, placed at each place setting… the possibilities are endless!
- washi tape in different colors and patterns
- bamboo skewer sticks
- small scissors
- pliers or similar tool for cutting down the skewer sticks to size
As you can see above, this DIY is so easy!
- Step 1: cut skewer to length of flag you want
- Step 2: cut a length of washi to the size of flag you want. It’s better to be too long than too short (you can always trim it down)
- Step 3: wrap the washi in half around the top of the skewer stick
- Step 4: trim the washi to desired length and cut edge to make flag points
- repeat for as many flags as you want!
I love the finished product! Love these for a wedding or shower. It would be a really cute DIY detail for a kid’s party too – just be careful not to give flags to the really little ones, as they could cause injury. Common sense, I know, but sometimes it still needs to be said.
Are you as washi obsessed as I am? What is your favorite way to use it? We have another fun and simple washi DIY coming up next week!