Remember a few weeks ago when I went to Jamaica? While I was there I was treated to some fab spa treatments at the Red Lane Spa at Sandals Ochos Rios. My favorite was this coffee scrub, and Marjorie from Red Lane shared how to make it at home, and now I’m sharing it with you!
The best thing about this scrub, besides that you can make and use it at home, is that it has both anti-cellulite and anti-aging properties. Which pretty much means I’m slathering it on from head to toe in preparation for summer.
Benefits from this scrub:
- lifts dead skin cells
- improves circulation
- helps lymphatic system
- tones skin
- reduces appearance of veins
- reduces cellulite
- gives skin needed antioxidants
- caffeine also said to reduce the risk of skin cancer
- ground coffee beans (medium to fine grind)
- raw sugar or sea salts
- coconut oil
- essential oils of your choice
- Mix 1 heaping tablespoon of ground coffee with one spoon of raw sugar or sea salts
- Add 4 spoons of coconut oil
- Add a few drops of essential oil of your choice (I used an anti-oxidant one)
- Once your scrub is mixed, put some on your skin and rub upward in a circular motion (best to do this in the shower before you turn the water on since the coffee can stain)
- Once you’ve finished scrubbing, turn on the shower to rinse.
- Do the scrub in the shower once per week.
- Store the remaining scrub in an airtight container and keep in cool refrigerator. It keeps for 4 days when stored properly.
So, who’s gonna be scrubbing tonight? I hope I helped to get you wedding or swimsuit ready. Stay tuned for a full post on my Jamaica trip too, coming soon.
PS – Want to get your face wedding ready too? Here’s my beauty secret.