This post is brought to you by CJ Affiliate’s VIP Content Service and is sponsored by Jared The Galleria of Jewelry, but all content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Choosing an engagement ring can be so difficult, and for good reason. It is more than a ring — it is a symbol of your commitment and future marriage. It is something that will be worn forever (hopefully). It will be ogled and photographed and passed on to future generations. There is just SO much pressure to choose the right one.
Before you start, you should ask yourself a few questions:
- What kind of ring does she like? Does she like a round stone, or a princess cut? Does she prefer a solitaire stone or a more detailed setting? 4 prongs or 6? Platinum or gold or rose gold? If you don’t know, ask a friend, sister, or even your girl herself.
- What is your budget? Setting a budget and sharing it with your jeweler will ensure your expectations are met and you are able to find something that works for you.
- What is her style? Classic, trendy, fashion forward, timeless? Would she like something vintage or modern? Remember this is the ring she’ll not only wear now, but forever.
- What is her ring size? Besides the obvious need to know what size ring to get, some styles work better with specific sizes.
- Are you working with a trusted jeweler? Don’t rush into a purchase and don’t let yourself be pressured into buying anything before you are ready and have done your research.
Where you choose to buy your ring is really important. That’s why Jared is so great — it has the advantage of scale and selection as well as the feel and intimacy of a local independent jeweler. They have a full custom design studio in every store, which means they can literally make your engagement ring dreams come true. They have exclusive products from well-known designer collections like Neil Lane, Vera Wang, and Angel Sanchez to name a few. And now they have Chosen by Jared, a new collection of diamonds that allow you to go from raw diamond to the engagement ring of her dreams, and incorporate the diamond’s journey into your love story.
But regardless of style, size, cost, or cut, at the end of the day, you’ll have a beautiful ring that she’s sure to love, most of all because she loves you.